This past weekend we loaded down the van with the entire Guajardo clan (excluding Ivy) and headed down to Buescher State Park. We didn't really know what to expect since we'd never been there and I think we literally booked the last available campsite in all of Central Texas and the Hill Country for that weekend. I knew Buescher was a small park, no swimming, and I really couldn't find many pictures online to see what we had to look forward to. Besides, the only place we'd been camping as a family is Inks Lake and I don't think anything near here compares. Well, we were pleasantly surprised! Yes it was small, but completely shaded, full of huge oak and pine trees, quiet and peaceful. The downside was the mosquito infestation that we had to fight come nightfall, but overall, we enjoyed it. I think we really lucked out with our campsite. We arrived early enough that we could pick from several that were still available and I know we at least got the best one in our campground area...large, private and fully shaded!
Take a good look at this fancy new tent, cuz you'll never see it again! The space and comfort inside was NOT worth the pain and trouble it was to set-up and tear down! We've said our good-byes and have moved on...
We LOVED the canopy of trees over all of the trails!
Aren't they sweet??!!
Trooper enjoying the shade on a bed of fallen leaves.
Jaron with Mommy - taking a break from our bike-ride at the playground!
Joshua and Mommy hanging out at our campsite.
Jaron and Joshua being silly with Daddy!
Jaron and Joshua being silly with Daddy!
I wish you all could hear Jaron's infectious Belly Laugh!
Of course, we're outdoors and when the nearest bathroom is a little ways away...well...boys will be boys...BUT, this was literally in wide-open view where anyone walking by could see. Here we are...the perfect Kodak moment - the one to save for ultimate total embarassement:
And now video for more future embarassment... Joshua doesn't want to play anymore because he "keeps getting boo boos" and Jaron picking his seat (as he almost always does) as he goes over to hug some trees.
No comments:
Post a Comment