We had a busy weekend as always, but we managed to have some fun too. Most of Saturday was spent lounging around the house in our pajamas and then we heading over to Natalie's birthday party.
Natalie is the boys' best friend that they've known since they were about 9 weeks old--actually, even before that because we were in childbirth class with Melissa and Rob! Over the years, the boys and Natalie have attended the same in-home daycare, same public daycare and same preschool. They have a bond that just amazes us and I hope it continues throughout grade-school!
Here are some pictures from the party:
Sunday night I figured we really should get the infant carseat installed, or at least figure out how it all works. So, Nathan vacuumed and cleaned out the van for our newest passenger and installed the base. We oriented ourselves with the carseat and then Nathan decided to assemble our stroller. We decided to get a jogging stroller this time to make it easier to go over the hike & bike trails we like to visit at area parks or when we're camping. We LOVE this stroller. It's so easy to maneuver and is pretty light weight.
Here is a picture of the boys helping Daddy put together their baby sister's stroller and then of the finished product with the infant seat:
For the past couple of weeks I've been noticing a bird in our cedar trees in the backyard. She just stands on top of the tree and chirps as loud as she can. I figured there must be a nest there. Well, when Nathan was sitting outside on Saturday we saw this:
Finally, our little blurb about our pets. Trooper is starting to worry us a bit with his age. He's having some "accidents" which he NEVER did before and he's definitely losing his hearing. We love him so much. I've had him since college, before Nathan and I even met and now he's about 14 years old. Here is a picture of Joshua petting and loving on Trooper:
And here is Ivy. When I'm on the computer, her favorite place to be in lounging on top of our printer. She thinks she's the princess, which may be the case for now, but she'll be in for a surprise when Eliana arrives in just 6 short days!
No comments:
Post a Comment