Well, here we are. It's been a very busy nine months and I thought the day would never arrive - but here we are, sooner than I ever imagined. Today is the day we will meet our baby girl and cuddle her for the very first time. Tucking Jaron and Joshua in bed last night was quite bittersweet. For almost five years, it's just been the four of us. They have been the center of our universe, the source of so much laughter and love, and part of me is going to miss it just being "me and my boys." But I know deep down that what's in store will be so much better. We've tried to prepare the boys all along with the changes that will take place with a new baby at home and have stressed how much we will always love them, never any less than before the baby arrives. Jaron and Joshua are going to be such awesome big brothers and such great helpers. I cannot wait to see them meet her in-person for the very first time. That is one of the things I've looked forward to most since the beginning of this pregnancy. The other thing I've looked forward to is seeing Nathan with his baby girl. He's so excited and he's already such a good Daddy...I remember him with our baby boys and now I get to see it all over again, but this time with his very own princess.
I've had several random tearful moments over the past few days and I know they aren't over yet. I can't wait to see, hold and kiss Eliana Grace today. I know God will be watching over our family as we welcome our sweet girl into the world and adjust to becoming a family of five. As we enter this new chapter in our lives, I'm touched by a few scriptures we heard in church yesterday. Pastor actually referred to parents of newborns - exhaustion, stress, etc. so these scriptures really spoke to us.
"God gives grace to the humble. So give yourselves completely to God...Draw close to God, and God will draw close to you." James 4:6-8
"He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired...but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:29-31
"So we don't look at the troubles we can see right now; rather, we look forward to what we have not yet seen. For the troubles we see will soon be over, but the joys to come will last forever." 2 Corinthians 4:18
We'll be posting pics of our new bundle of love as soon as we can!
1 comment:
This brought tears to my eyes! A beautiful post!
Post a Comment