Last Tuesday brought an event we very rarely see in our part of Texas: SNOW! Just like any child, our kids asks for snow every single year and this winter we've had some flurries and some predictions, but of course, it never really pans out the way we hope -- the way a child imagines. Well, February 23, 2010 was a dream come true for kids of all ages who've grown up in Central Texas. The predictions and possibilities actually became reality. I've only seen one other *true* snow in my life and it was in the 1980s when I was maybe in the second or third grade. Nathan described last Tuesday like "being in a snowglobe" and it was so true. I went into HEB to buy some groceries and by the time I was finished shopping, the ground was covered and big, fluffy snowflakes were falling from the sky. I truly had never seen anything like it! Nathan and I waited for a while to see if Leander ISD would ever call school. We figured no child was actually paying attention to their teacher anyways. We finally saw that LISD was allowing parents to pick their children up at their own discretion. I couldn't wait to get the boys home and photograph these memories! So, Nathan got them out of school early and they played for hours in the snow. It's so funny...normally when it's that cold outside it's "too cold" for us to let them play outside, but when there was actual SNOW on the ground, we allowed them to play in it until they had just had enough. Here are some pictures of our Snow Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment