Here we are, nine months later and we've made it through our first year of public school. These boys have grown so much over the past school year. They've learned so much, they've made tons of new friends and now they are First Graders!
Friday was Kindergarten Graduation. They started the program off with a song that brought tears to my eyes. All the children's voices sounded so beautiful!
Here are the boys walking across the stage. Jaron is in the navy shirt with stripes and Joshua is in the yellow shirt with stripes.
Of course, the most nerve-racking thing before starting school is finding out all about your new teacher. I must say, we really lucked out this year. I know that you never forget your Kindergarten teacher -- this teacher is responsible for so much of your child's development, first life lessons, he/she has to be just firm enough yet also nurturing and caring and make learning fun for the whole class. A good teacher makes every child feel special and loved and will make each parent feel comforted and assured that their child is in good, capable hands. I have so many wonderful things to say about Ms. Gardner and Ms. Blesing and honestly, my eyes still well-up with tears when I think about the things they did for our boys, the many ways they helped them, encouraged them and loved them for all of their special and unique qualities. Ms. Blesing and Ms. Gardner will forever hold a special place in our hearts and I know they've left long-lasting impressions on Jaron and Joshua that they will carry throughout their lifetimes.
Joshua with Ms. Gardner
Jaron with Ms. Blesing
So long Kindergarten! We're off to First Grade!
2 comments:
awww how sweet! I am going to miss Joshua so much! He grew so much this year! I remember the first day of school he didn't want to sit in his seat and he was very sad and now he is so confident and ready for first grade! :)
I think those teachers could pass for sisters!
Post a Comment