Nathan, Jeannie, Jaron, Joshua, Eliana, Trooper (the geriatric border collie) and Ivy (the terror-cat).

Monday, September 20, 2010

First Grade

Here we are in First Grade! I can't believe I have a couple of first graders on my hands. I was so proud of them. I had tears, but only because the boys were so brave and grown-up when we walked them into their classrooms.

We took Joshua first. We found his locker and put his backpack away and then we found his desk. His teacher had a little gift baggie full of goodies for the kids and some activities to get started on. Before I left, Joshua gave me a big "squeeze hug" and said "I'll NEVER let go." ...and then he did and he gave me a big smile and said good-bye.

Next was Jaron's class. Same thing -- we found his locker to put away his backpack and then found his desk, which was the same desk we decided on at Open House. He said hi to a couple of friends and sat down. He gave me a big hug and was ready to get started on his activities. I couldn't believe it. On the first day of Kindergarten, he wouldn't let Nathan or me leave, but today, he was such a big boy, so excited to be in first grade and to be wearing his awesome "dragon shirt!"

The boys in front of the school Joshua at his deskA very happy Jaron at his desk



Here's to a terrific First Grade year!


No comments: