Nathan, Jeannie, Jaron, Joshua, Eliana, Trooper (the geriatric border collie) and Ivy (the terror-cat).

Sunday, July 19, 2009

5th Birthday Celebration

We hosted the boys' 5th birthday party today. I knew it would be a lot to do just two weeks after Ellie's birth, but I felt like we needed to do it for Jaron and Joshua. I know Nathan and I took the boys out for a day of fun on their actual birthday but we always have a party for them and I didn't want them to feel like they missed out on a party because of the baby. So, we had a bit of a scaled-down party for them this year...we still had a good turnout, but invited only the boys' closest friends and Grandma & Peepaw. We had pizza & cupcakes, filled up the pool and set out the slip & slide and everyone seemed to have a great time. Eliana slept the entire time in her pack & play right in the middle of all the excitement. Everyone was very generous with their gifts and very helpful if I needed it. My favorite quote of the day was when Joshua said after blowing out his candle that he "has the best friends in the whole entire Earth." I thought that was pretty cool!





Always have to include Trooper (this time sporting his "summer do") in the Birthday pics:

No comments: