Nathan, Jeannie, Jaron, Joshua, Eliana, Trooper (the geriatric border collie) and Ivy (the terror-cat).

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Jeannie and Eliana came home yesterday. Jeannie is recovering well although still has some pain issues (understandably). Those other parents out there will relate when I say that the conversations inevitably turn to poop when a new baby comes home... and by that I mean actually talking about the subject of poop - the quantity, the color, texture, etc. I'll just say that Eliana is eating ok and gives us the proof in her diapers. :)


The animals were very curious about our newest addition. Neither critter wanted to leave Jeannie's side when she finally arrived. Trooper sniffed at Eliana a few times and then crawled into his place - behind the recliner that Jeannie happens to be sitting on.


Ivy, the terror cat, was (and continues to be) VERY curious about sweet baby Eliana. I captured the mood...






Oh, by the way, the only balloons I plan on using from now on will be in the form of hospital gloves. I made the boys a couple of 'glove balloons' to keep them entertained when we were at the hospital with Mommy and Baby. I was so impressed at how well they stood up to the boys' torturous play. I even stepped on one of them (the gloves, not the boys) and they are still going strong. I'm just sayin'. :)




My mom got to spend some quality time with Eliana.







And Eliana got to try out her new toys.



We spent the next day (BTW, it was 106*F) just hanging out.



The boys got some pool time in.



We're enjoying all of our time together before I have to go back to work.
Life is good.

1 comment:

erush said...

Congrats again! Enjoy every second you have at home. Glad to hear Jeannie is feeling well.