Nathan, Jeannie, Jaron, Joshua, Eliana, Trooper (the geriatric border collie) and Ivy (the terror-cat).

Friday, October 8, 2010

Sea World

On September 25th, we got up early and drove to San Antonio and surprised the boys with a visit to Sea World. We've really been wanting to go for a long time. We had it planned for several weeks but we kept it from them right up until we got to about San Marcos and we shared the news. They were speechless, but so excited. Here are just a few of my favorite pictures of the day.

We arrived just in time to catch the Shamu show...just barely. Once we got in the doors, we practically ran to Shamu stadium to catch the show. It was awesome. I must admit, I got a little choked up watching the show and thinking about the boys' excitement at that moment. I loved watching their faces throughout the show. I know I missed a lot just because I was didn't want to miss their expressions.

Jaron & Grandma watching in amazement
Yes, this was real... Joshua turned to me with this face just as I had the camera on him. He was truly amazed!

One of my favorite exhibits everytime I go to Sea World is the Seals & Sea Lion exhibit. They are so full of personality and are so heartwarming. Jaron loved this exhibit too. We had to practically drag him away. The boys checking out the aquarium
Jaron fell asleep in Daddy's lap just before the last show began as we were waiting in our seats for it to start. Poor baby.
This was the Dolphin & Beluga Whale show, "Azul." It was beautiful, amazing and funny.

We obviously also spent time visiting the alligators, penguins, sharks and sting rays. The boys also rode their very first rollercoaster. They LOVED it and wanted to ride it again and again.

All in all, it was a very special, very memorable and very tiring day. I'm so glad we went!

No comments: