Nathan, Jeannie, Jaron, Joshua, Eliana, Trooper (the geriatric border collie) and Ivy (the terror-cat).

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Livin' Like No One Else

So we spent last week selling some items around the house and had a big garage sale on Saturday... the kind of garage sale Dave Ramsey would be proud of.  Two quotes of his have been running through my mind since we decided to make this move.  I'm sure you know what they are.  "Live like no one else so later you can live like no one else," and "sell so much stuff the kids think they're next."  We're not done with the selling part but we are doing a pretty good job of living like no one else...


This is our living room after selling the couch and recliner, as well as four framed pictures off our walls.  It's not "ideal" right now, but it's temporary and it's fun for the kids.  I do miss coming downstairs in the morning and having a nice, comfy couch to lounge on and sip my coffee and watch the news.  But, it does make it easier to have a dance party with the kids!

By the way, I have to share...  we posted this picture of our sofa on Craigslist last week:


I really believe this couch has held up well for being nine years old.  It's survived a dog, cat, and three kids...not to mention this:



...anyhoo... the buyer came to our house to see the couch in-person.  She loved it and didn't even try to offer us less than our asking price.  She commented that we "must've used it in the formal living room because it hardly looks used!"  Who even has a formal living room?  Definitely not us.  But, I took it as a compliment and gave credit to Rooms-to-Go for making such good furniture, took my money (right after Nathan almost dropped the couch on her) and we all went on our way. 

More clean-out, selling & packing this week... 

1 comment:

Missy said...

I like those quotes.
This is really exciting to watch!
I just want to get rid of stuff now. (0:

Not my couch though.