Nathan, Jeannie, Jaron, Joshua, Eliana, Trooper (the geriatric border collie) and Ivy (the terror-cat).

Monday, August 24, 2009

First Day of Kindergarten

It totally amazes me that this day has finally come--the first day of Kindergarten! I was a mess yesterday - so emotional about everything. I wanted their lunch to be perfect, their clothes to be just right, a great breakfast to start their day... I tucked them in last night and went back before I went to bed to give my "big boys" extra kisses while they were sleeping, tears streaming down my face. They never saw me cry and they genuinely seemed excited about starting their first day.

Of course, the morning didn't go off without a couple hitches. Joshua was upset that he didn't get the #5 locker, so that kind of started his day off on the wrong foot. Hopefully he's over that by now :) Jaron was great right up until I said "ok, let's go find your seat and sit down." All of a sudden he had some doubts. Luckily, Nathan was there to help turn things around - introducing him to some kids at his table and putting him more at ease. There were no tears, that I'm aware of, and I can't wait to hear all about their day and see the comments from their teachers.

Here are a few pictures from our morning:

Jaron & Joshua in front of the school

Daddy & the boys walking up to school

Joshua, Monica & Jaron in front of Joshua & Monica's class

Joshua as soon as we got out of the van

Daddy putting Jaron at ease in his class

No comments: