Speaking of time flying, Eliana will be six weeks old on Monday. I can't believe it! I feel like I just got out of the hospital. My recovery has gone great and I'm feeling pretty much back to normal. She is an absolute dream. She only wakes up once in the night for a feeding, goes right back to sleep and sleeps until 7 or 8 o'clock most days. We're struggling with some gas/spit-up issues but all-in-all we are very blessed with a very good, happy baby. Five years ago with the boys, I was a total mess--stressed, sleep-deprived, overwhelmed. Today, it's much different. I actually know what to do (for the most part) and I do it all very calmly without (much) fear of totally messing things up. The boys are such a help with Eliana. They bring me just about anything I need when I need it. They are constantly wanting to kiss or hug Eliana and she always smiles at them when they do. She could not have been blessed with better big brothers.
So, what is it like to be a mom of three? I'll be totally honest--it's not easy and even absolutely crazy at times. I've already had my first shining moment of three kids screaming at once in a public place and I'm positive it won't be the last! It's a constant struggle for me to give everyone equal time and to make sure that the boys know we love them just as much as we love Eliana. I worry about causing resentment or jealousy. I make it a point everyday to tell Jaron and Joshua individually how much I love them and how proud I am of them. But, with all of the challenges, craziness and stress, it's absolutely the best job in the world. I never imagined I could feel even more love than before. I cherish every hug & kiss and adore every smile that comes my way and I'm so blessed to get to experience those things every single day. Someone once told me that being a parent is the most selfless, thankless job in the world but those hugs, kisses and smiles make it all worthwhile.
No comments:
Post a Comment