Nathan, Jeannie, Jaron, Joshua, Eliana, Trooper (the geriatric border collie) and Ivy (the terror-cat).

Friday, August 29, 2008

TGIF

Last night, we visited the boy's preschool and met their teachers. For the first time, Joshua and Jaron will be in separate classrooms. Jeannie and I are hopeful that this will encourage them to make their own friends and to adjust to not having a shadow to play with at all times. We were told, though, that their classes will meet up for recess and music each day.




They've been at each other's side for a while... here in the 'glow worm' stage.

Their teachers (Ms. Becky and Ms. Susan) seem really nice and Jeannie and I feel good about it all. You know, we worried about Jaron adjusting to being in separate classrooms because of his SPD but it seems like in the usual manner of our kids relishing in the fact that they keep us guessing, it seems Joshua might have a harder time being away from his brother. Case in point: Last weekend when visiting a 'kind of new' church, it wasn't Jaron who pitched a fit in the kid's Sunday School. Oh no. It was Joshua who's name and ID number came up on the screen in the sanctuary meaning, 'Come get your kid, we don't want him'. He and I had a rather lengthy conversation and he finally understood that he wasn't going back to Sunday School that day. Once he realized that the alternative to being in kid's church was being in grown-ups church (where you had to actually sit still) it seemed he changed his mind. Too late.


Daddy: Now, why can't you go back to kid's church today?

Joshua: Because I 'blew it'.


Not a happy little lion.

Man, it has been a crazy week. At work, my coworker, Wendy, has accepted a transfer out to our California studios.



Wendy and I last Halloween; she was 'God's Gift to Men' and I was 'God's Gift to Women'. It was funny at the time, ok?


She's been doing Comp and Benefits so now I'll be taking over some of her responsibilities. I'm excited about the change from JUST doing Recruiting. Learning something new is fun for me so I'm enjoying it however, it is, nonetheless, a lot to learn. Fortunately, she's not leaving the company so all of her knowledge is a phone call or IM away. At the same time, I'm showing her everything she ever wanted to know (and then some) on the Recruiting side. We both have jokingly said (more than once) that we wouldn't want to do the other's jobs because we're not cut out for them but it looks like that is the case now. What's that saying, "The only constant is change itself".

Oh, look at the time... it's beer:thirty!!


Have a great weekend!!

No comments: