Nathan, Jeannie, Jaron, Joshua, Eliana, Trooper (the geriatric border collie) and Ivy (the terror-cat).

Monday, August 18, 2008

Woops... does this Cafe Mocha taste saliva-like to you??


It was late Sunday afternoon and my splitting headache was back... "Maybe it's because you didn't have your coffee this morning." Jeannie says. Maybe. We were coming home from seeing the grandparental units in Round Rock. Conveniently, there's a Starbucks at the corner of 79 and I35 - on the way home. Need... coffee. I pull up to the drive thru thingy, you know, the one you shout your order into.

"Heeeyyyyyy, (like a cheesey game show host) welcome to Starbucks. What can I get for you today?" says the barista dude. I took the opportunity to mock said barista dude by shooting pistols with my hands to amuse my wife. He really did sound like the cheesey guy - I imagined - with a thick mustache and raised collar. I thought I was being soooo clever.

"Pichoo! Pichoo!" I hear coming from the speaker. Infinitely confused I looked down the barrels of my pistols (index fingers) and thought, "Huh??" Jeannie BUSTED out laughing!!! "WA HAA HAA!!!" "That was good, I like that." responds the barista dude. I thought, how did he... then I see the teeny tiny camera lense in the far upper corner of the speaker/order screen box.

Wow. I must have turned beet red... but damn, that was funny... I may have an extra shot of saliva in my otherwise tasty Cafe Mocha... but it was hilarious.

Hoping to mitigate any salivatory expressions of barista dude's thoughts of me, I quickly responded with, "I'm glad you have a sense of humor!" to which he replies, "Yeah, I love this thing. You'd be surprised at what I see." I bet. Ok, Jeannie is still on the verge of wetting her pants in the passenger seat.

That was awkward... but probably the hardest I've laughed all week.

Does this Mocha taste funny to you???

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Hilarious! I'll keep this in mind! :)

Mollie said...

OMG my belly aches from laughing. That is fabulous!!!

Mollie said...

OMG that was hilarious!!!